Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some more cakes...

Looking through my photos, I found a couple more cakes, one of which I made as the final project in my cake decorating class.  We had to make a wedding cake with royal icing flowers on it... I chose daffodils and pansies as mine.  Alas, the top layer of the cake had a sliding accident in my car on the way home from class, so the basket weave is disturbed in one spot, but other than that, I was pretty happy with it.  This is it:






I also once made an Orphen cake for my sister's birthday.  If you're not familiar with Orphen, look him up!  This cake took forever to make, as it's more like a painting than a cake!  I had to mix several shades of skin color for his face, and several browns for his hair.  Too bad the corners of this cake were already taken off and eaten when I took the picture, but oh well!




This cake is Ord from Dragon Tales.  I made him for my friend's little girls' birthday.  This was many years ago, around the same time as the Grouch cake, and I actually carved the shape of him out of cake before frosting him, so he'd be semi-three-dimensional.  His claws are made out of banana Runts!



No comments:

Post a Comment